News & Events
Jobsplus is a government scheme where you can claim tax-free payments, for hiring a person, who has been on the live register for long periods. It is available to all employers in the private sector.
You can claim between €7,500 and €10,000 back over a 2 year period.
The payment levels are:
- – Under 25 years of age, on the live register and unemployed for at least 104 days in the previous 6 months €7,500
- – Over 25 years of age, on the live register and unemployed for at least 312 days in the previous 18 months €7,500
- – In receipt of jobseekers allowance transition payment (no qualifying period applies) €7,500
- – Persons with refugee status and are in receipt of jobseekers allowance (no qualifying period) €7,500
- – Persons less than 50 years of age, on the live register and unemployed for at least 936 days in the previous 40 months €10,000
- – Over 50 years of age, on the live register and unemployed for at least 312 days in the previous 18 months €10,000
The employer criteria is as follows:
- – Your company must be registered for PAYE with Revenue.
- – You must be compliant with Irish tax and employment laws.
- – You will need to supply your tax clearance access number to enable Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection to check your status with Revenue.
- – The individual must be employed for a minimum of 30 hours for at least, 4 days per week.
- – A current employee list must be submitted
For more information, contact Elaine Mahon on 01 4901670 or email [email protected]